Monday, November 5, 2012

NaGa DeMon Day 5

I have been working with the Fate system to build my Dune style Noble Houses game. While working with the Fate system I found a few areas I really would like to tweak. the first thing that jumped out at me was the Stress Tracks. they are really key to the flow of the game, I have seen them removed, but the game never really felt right in those situations.

The Stress Tracks tend to fall into a grouping of three that I have a hard time thinking my way around. There is Physical Stress, Mental/Emotional Stress, and Resources/Influence Stress. I am OK with the first two for my game, but as the game is about Nobles who do not worry about little things like money or fame I would really like a different Stress to track. i am running into a bit of a block in that regard.


Another issue i have run into is Troupe play. I would like to be able to run my game as troupe play. Each player would play a noble and several key characters from their entourage. I am having difficulty working this out for Fate. The sheer number of Aspects required seems problematic. Maybe if I could build a special sheet just for keeping track of things.

maybe i could run the whole house as one big character, and each person is a specific part of the character...I need to think on this more.

I really thought I was going to be farther along by this point, i seem to be wracked with indecision. i think that this maybe because i have so much freedom. If the scope of my game were a bit more narrow I may not be having these problems. maybe I should place some artificial restrictions on my game just to see where that channels my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment