Monday, May 13, 2013

Space Opera v1.1(now called Shadow Legion)


I have been working on a finalized version of my Space Opera setting. One of the first big changes is a name change. I am now calling the setting Shadow Legion. I do this for a couple of reasons. First it is a much better name, and a bit obvious once I thought about it for a second(OK a week or so, really). The second reason is that, apparently there is already a game called Space Opera that I am unaware of. I would like to avoid any confusion going forward.  so there you are.

I have also altered some of the equipment rules a bit. In particular the shield rules. the shield rules have been the biggest issue in my game thus far. I have gone back and forth on the issue. I am now on my third iteration of the rules. I hope these work. If I am going to have equipment in the game and use the weapon rules that I like, then I need to work out a way to have stress mitigation without weapon negation. I am going to try the new rules out and we will see how they work.

I have also added a few new planets and alien races. as well as a few new stunts. I also put together some of the things the players have said and written about the universe into the setting document. I would love to hear your thoughts on how it looks and I welcome you  to play it, if you like it.

Her is the document if you would like to peruse it

No comments:

Post a Comment